[LON-CAPA-admin] course problem versions differ between servers

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Mon Oct 5 15:54:40 EDT 2009

Hmm.  Not 100% sure of the cause, but I think I have a work-around, as long
as you have command-line access.  When I've seen new versions of problems
not being grabbed by the access servers, it was because I cloned one access
server into another.  When this happens, the new access server isn't
registered as being subscribed to the resource, so isn't notified by the
library that the resource has been modified.

All the problems are located in /home/httpd/html/res/domain/author/

where domain and author depend on the resouce.  Stuart may not like my
approach, but when needed I've always been able to force the update of a
resource on an access server by removing the problem in question *on the
access server giving problems*.  DO NOT DO THIS ON THE LIBRARY SERVER.
Then, the next time the access server needs the resource, it doesn't have
it, and asks the library server for it.  The library server then offers up
the most recent, published version.

Todd