[LON-CAPA-admin] course problem versions differ between servers

Jana C Avery/FS/VCU jcavery at vcu.edu
Fri Oct 2 10:46:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

We have an instructor who discovered that her students were seeing
different versions of the same problem, depending on which access server
they were logged in to.  Our library server and one access server have the
correct, current version of the problem, but our other access server has
an older version.   In the course, under "check/set resource versions"
that the course is set to use the most current version of the problem, but
that is not what the instructor or the students see when they go to the
actual problem.  This issue is occurring with several of the problems in
this course.  Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

I saw a similar issue posted  to this list in June, which mentioned having
to make some modifications to the DOCS sequence on the library server.  (
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2009-June/002237.html)
Our primary admin is out today, and we are not sure if or how to do this.
Any suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Jana Avery
Learning Systems, Technology Services
Virginia Commonwealth University

security number or confidential personal information.  For more details
visit http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html.