[LON-CAPA-admin] OpenSuse 11

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Nov 23 17:33:18 EST 2009

Hi,

> I got a virtual machine with Suse 11.1 for an test installation - but
> its not supported by Lon Capa itself.

The next major release of LON-CAPA (version 2.9.0) will be supported
on SuSE 11.1.  That version is expected to be released in December
2009.  A repository containing SuSE 11.1 rpms for dependencies
required by LON-CAPA 2.9 is available here:

http://install.loncapa.org/suse/11.1/

However, to avoid waiting for 2.9.0 to be available, I would recommend
creating a virtual machine with one of the currently supported Linux
distros (e.g., CentOS 5).  Information about supported Linux distros
is available at http://install.loncapa.org/

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group