[LON-CAPA-admin] JA-SIG/Yale CAS with LON-CAPA

Mike Stanger mstanger at sfu.ca
Tue Mar 31 17:13:16 EDT 2009

We're considering integrating JA-SIG CAS (Central Authentication
System) with LON-CAPA.  I'm wondering what other schools' experience
has been with using CAS in LON-CAPA? Is there a 'right way' to go
about it?  My initial thought on how to put it in place is to protect
the entire space with mod_cas and grab the authenticated users from
apache's REMOTE-USER env var, completely overriding the initial login
page, which seems a bit kludgy.

Any comments from those have experimented with, or are currently
running LON-CAPA with CAS would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike