[LON-CAPA-admin] https for loncapa

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Wed Feb 11 15:15:28 EST 2009

Hi Hon-Kie,

My experience with the certificate companies has consistently been
unpleasant.

One possibility would be to just https the load balancing machine,
since that is the only box where the students type in passwords.

Another possibility would of course be to use self-signed certificates
and tell the students to ignore the warning.

- Gerd.

Please excuse brevity, sent from iPod.