[LON-CAPA-admin] https for loncapa

H.K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Wed Feb 11 14:27:18 EST 2009

Hi,

I am planning on implementing secure transactions for all the fsu
loncapa servers using a wildcard server certificate
(*.loncapa.fsu.edu) but unfortunately the servers have canonical name
loncapax.fsu.edu where x is a number except for the balancer
(loncapa.fsu.edu). So for the certificate to work, I need to rename
the server to something like s1.loncapa.fsu.edu (alias) for
loncapa1.fsu.edu (canonical name) etc. Is anyone using wildcard
server certificate for your loncapa servers using an alias name?
After some fiddling around I managed to get one server to work but
has not check the affect if the balancer transfers the session to
that server. Also, a few months ago, I noticed a number of cvs
commits checking if https is on but I did not see an mention of this
in version 2.8.0. Any idea when https will become available?

Thanks,
-hk