[LON-CAPA-admin] (no subject)

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Sat Aug 22 22:19:03 EDT 2009

Cheers Michael,

Your problem is that simply enrolling a student in a course doesn't allow the authentication type, or password to change.  Neither can a CC change a student's authentication type or password.  Imagine if it were set differently for each of several courses a student was concurrently enrolled in--ugh!!!!

However, the good news is that there does appear to be a way to accomplish what you wish, though I haven't tested it.  As a DC, from the main menu click on the "User Management" link then choose "Upload a File of Users" Once you've selected an upload file, on the page where you select username, etc. it appears as though you can "Change authentication for existing users in domain xxx ..."  And force it to Kerberos.  I'm not sure, but you may want to check the "no ending date" box.

The only thing you should need to accomplish this is a list of usernames.

Good Luck,

Todd
--
Dr. Todd G. Ruskell                         Phone: 303-384-2080
Senior Lecturer, Department of Physics      FAX:   303-273-3919