[LON-CAPA-admin] Domain coordinator cannot log in after upgrade

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Sat Oct 18 14:05:03 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

Some comments which hopefully help a bit:

- User accounts cannot be totally removed in the current LON-CAPA
version. Just make sure that nobody can login with the invalid user,
e.g. set to internally authenticated and set a random password.

- I guess you have consulted
http://www.loncapa.org/hardwareupgrade.html
? However, from what you write I assume that you already successfully
passed the important steps.

- I slightly remember that I also had troubles to login with an already
existing DC account after having changed the server hardware, the OS,
the IP adress, ... and (nearly) the rest of the world... ;-)

I assume that "normal" users can login, just the DC (domain coordinator)
cannot. If so, my suggestions:

a) Create a _new_ DC account with an so far unused user name for your
domain. Then log in with this new user and change the password for the
_old_ DC account ("bsudc").

b) It is possible that file system authentication is the origin for the
issues, but this is the method new DC accounts automatically have. I
think you don't need this kind of authentication. In this case, switch
the authentication method of your old DC account to internally
authenticated and enter a password. This should work.

Good luck!
Stefan Bisitz