[LON-CAPA-admin] Forcing a resource refresh

H.K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Thu May 22 08:02:03 EDT 2008

At 09:15 AM 5/21/2008, you wrote:
>A couple of years ago our server crashed, and only then I realized
>the system manager never backed up the system. Luckily, I had all
>the source code for my problems backed up on a different machine, so
>I copied them to the new server and published all of them.
>
>The problem is that when I re-publish a resource, huji no longer
>knows which machines have a copy of this problem, and doesn't
>contact any other machines which have a copy of the resource.
>Specifically, I also teach at jce and can't get an updated version
>of a problem I re-published.
>
>Is there a way to tell jce to look for a newer version?

Not sure if this is officially sanctioned. If you have system admin
access or could ask the system admin to delete the files under

/home/httpd/html/res/huji/

then when your course requires the resources, it will then get the
new copy. (I use this a couple of times when for some reason one of
the access servers did not get an updated copy.)

-hk