[LON-CAPA-admin] Multi-domain

H.K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Wed Jun 11 09:08:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

Yesterday, I re-configured the fsuK12 servers so that they are now
part of the fsu domain. I followed the instructions as per e-mail on
lon-capa-admin posted Jan 10 2005 by Guy. Since I am merging an
existing library server (fsuk12l1) into another library server
(fsul1), I copied all the files under
/home/httpd/lonUsers/fsuK12 on the fsuK12 domain to the fsu domain.
In addition, I also copied the published resources. However, now
users cannot login via

/adm/login

though users can still login using the fsu cas system. The /adm/login
login gives the following message:

User xxxxx at fsu threw error unknown_cmd when checking
authentication mechanism

A similar message is displayed for the fsuK12 domain

User xxxxx at fsuK12 threw error unknown_cmd when checking
authentication mechanism

Any idea how to fix this? Seems like I need to specify the
authentication mechanism but isn't that specified by the passwd file
for each user?

I can browse the fsuK12 resources and loncontrol recognizes the
fsuK12 domain. The hosts.tab and domain.tab have the following lines:

[www at loncapa10 lonTabs]$ more hosts.tab
^s10.lite.msu.edu
^dalton.chem.sfu.ca
^library1.lon-capa.uiuc.edu
fsuk12l1:fsuK12:library:k12-1.fsu.edu
fsul1:fsu:library:loncapa10.fsu.edu

[www at loncapa10 lonTabs]$ more domain.tab
# domain:Domain Name:auth mechanism:auth
parameters:Language:City:Geo1:Geo2:main library
fsuK12:Florida State University - K12:::en-US:Tallahassee,
FL:-84.28:30.438:fsuk12l1
fsu:Florida State University:::en-US:Tallahassee, FL:-84.28:30.438:fsul1

Thanks,
-hk