[LON-CAPA-admin] yum update made not available for login

Stuart Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Mon Jun 9 14:45:47 EDT 2008

Paul,

/var/log/yum.log records what packages changed during the yum update.

However,

/etc/init.d/loncontrol restart
/etc/init.d/httpd reload

may have fixed the problem?

I am seeing the log-in page if I point a web browser at the hope dev server.

Your server is in the development cluster.  As a result, I would not
anticipate you will be able to connect to all the servers in the
development cluster listed in /home/httpd/lonTabs/dns_hosts.tab,
because being development machines, many may be offline.  However,
your loncontrol status does not appear to report connections to any.

That asaid, as of 2.40pm EDT it appears that connectivity is currently
available between the msu dev server, and the hope dev server.

ps -ef |grep lonc |grep hope
on the msu server reports:

www      24922 23070  0 14:29 ?        00:00:00 lonc:
tea.chem.hope.edu Connection count: 1 Retries remaining: 5 (insecure)
Mon Jun  9 14:36:14 2008

ps -ef |grep lond
on the msu server reports:

www      24985 23062  0 14:38 ?        00:00:00 lond: Listening to
tea01 (insecure) Mon Jun  9 14:38:24 2008

and from the msu server I am able to browse published resources in the
hope domain on your development server, and also search for usernames.
  I can also log-in to LON-CAPA via the hope development server using
a username in the msu domain.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group