[LON-CAPA-admin] server migration

Lars Jensen ljensen at tmcc.edu
Tue Sep 4 13:50:03 EDT 2007

We're in the process of migrating our server to a new suse server. We
ran FC 3 on the old server. I have installed the OS, and all the loncapa
prerequisites, and dependencies. I have also transferred /home/httpd
from the old server, and run UPDATE. Finally I have manually created two
user accounts on the new server, using the same usernames as on the old
server,one for the DC, and an instructor account for myself. I did not
transfer any passwd or group files because I wasn't sure whether it
would cause issues with the uid's and gid's. Do I need to do this? When
I login as with the dc username, I get "Currently no active roles or
courses"

Is there any documentation anywhere on server migration?

Thanks,
Lars.