[LON-CAPA-admin] Migrating Data from Test to Production

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu May 31 13:51:45 EDT 2007

Hi Tanieth,

> We are in the process of preparing for the installation of our LON-CAPA
> production server.
>
> What would the best approach be to moving a local question bank from the
> test server to production. What/where are the associated files?

If you only want to preserve just the question files (and not any
course data, or other items), then you'll find the original source of
the problems in

/home/<username>/public_html/

Under there will be the .problem, and .problem.meta files you'll want
to preserve, and also all other resources generated in authoring mode.

If you want to preserve files that where uploaded to a course they be
under
/home/httpd/lonUsers/<domain>/1/2/3/<courseid>/userfiles
(where 1 2 3 are the dirst, second, and third characters from the
<courseid>)

If you want to preserve all data currently on the machine. Then just
tar up the entirety of /home/

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137