[LON-CAPA-admin] 'Kicking the System'

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Wed Mar 21 10:40:02 EDT 2007

Hi,

I patched lonnet.pm yesterday on one of my machines.

I was hoping an httpd reload would do the trick. It did for the most part,
but autoenroll and printing are both throwing errors (ie., those things
that are external jobs).

The 'correct' thing to do would be an httpd stop, loncontrol stop/start,
and httpd start.

Are there other options for a shorter down time or smoother transition?
What are the risks?

Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701