[LON-CAPA-admin] No math rendering from access machines?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Jun 19 13:48:09 EDT 2007

Hi Todd,

> Any idea what might cause mathematics to be rendered fine when delivered
> by the library server, but to have the raw TeX code displayed
> (jsmath)

Looks like this is being caused because the jsMath fonts failed to
install.

Viewing

http://lc2.mines.edu/res/adm/pages/math_example.tex?inhibitmenu=yes&texengine=jsMath

Looking at the javascript console shows

Error: uncaught exception: jsMath can't load the file
'http://lc2.mines.edu/adm/jsMath/fonts/cm-fonts/alpha/def.js'
Error status: 404

The fonts are supposed to be installed
during the install bu running the file

loncapa-2.4.1/loncom/html/adm/jsMath/commands
with an argument of /home/httpd/html/adm/jsMath

Which should unzip the file
loncapa-2.4.1/loncom/html/adm/jsMath/jsMath-fonts-1.3.zip

into
/home/httpd/html/adm/jsMath

Can you check the output of running UPDATE and see if any errors got
thrown shorting the install out in some way?

> or throw errors "[TeX unconverted due to previous errors]" (tth) from
> the access servers?  Everything is running 2.4.1, and as far as I know,
> all the same packages are installed on each server.

Can you give me an url that this is failing on?  My test resources
seem to be rendering fine in tth mode on lc2.mines.edu.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137