[LON-CAPA-admin] Broken Bulletin Boards

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Thu Jun 14 08:34:08 EDT 2007

Hi Todd,

The broken bulletin boards you see in 2.4.0 are a consequence of a bug in
lonnet.pm which is fixed in lonnet rev 1.887.

You may wish to install LON-CAPA version 2.4.1 which includes the latest
lonnet.pm (1.890) - this will allow you to display bulletin boards and
simple pages in your courses again.

LON-CAPA 2.4.1 is available from:
http://install.loncapa.org/versions/loncapa-2.4.1.tar.gz

Download and extract the contents of the tar file.  Then
cd loncapa-2.4.1
./UPDATE

Once the update is complete restart loncontrol and apache
/etc/init.d/loncontrol restart
/etc/init.d/apache restart

Although the bulletin board issue you reported is unrelated to the version
of perl-IO-Tty which you have installed, this could affect the functioning
of problems requiring the maxima computer algebra system.  If your update to
LONCAPA-prerequisites 1.9 did not update perl-IO-Tty automatically use:

yast

Software -> Install and Remove Software

Search for perl-IO-Tty

Use the spacebar to toggle from i to > to update to version 1.07
(Avail. version should show 1.07; Inst version 1.02).
Click [Accept].

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA