[LON-CAPA-admin] Co-author role but without the right to publish?

Peter Riegler p.riegler at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Mon Jul 2 10:54:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

my experience is that students are quite good at implementing problems.
However, it is often difficult to them to provide suitable metadata.

Moreover, in the full implementing-publishing process I envisage I want
the RESPONSIBLE author (i.e. not co-author) to "sign" that the job is
done. So a co-author (without publishing rights) would implement the
problem, the responsible author will do a quality check (has the ability
to do a quality check, depending on his time budget ...) and release the
problem into public.

Based on Gerd's earlier remark ("What  do others think?") I am posting
this to lon-capa-users as well.

Peter