[LON-CAPA-admin] Possible environments for loncapa

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Tue Feb 13 18:09:07 EST 2007

We have run a lon-capa on a dedicated server in the past. My impression
has been that lon-capa is basically an operating system that must be
installed as an entity, with little room for running other
software/servers on the same machine. I was wondering whether it
correct, and if is possible at all to run lon-capa on a server that is
not dedicated to lon-capa only. For example, is it possible to run
lon-capa and a lamp server simultaneously?

Lars.