[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-CAPA version 2.5.99.1

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Wed Dec 26 19:38:18 EST 2007

Lars,

If you are using zypper to update LONCAPA-prerequisites on SuSE 10.2, you'll
need to take the following steps:

1. Ensure that the installation sources have been refreshed.
zypper refresh

2. Remove the old LONCAPA-prerequisites:
zypper remove LONCAPA-prerequisites

3. Remove the old gnuplot_loncapa
zypper remove gnuplot_loncapa

4. Install the latest LONCAPA-prerequisites (1-10).
zypper install LONCAPA-prerequisites

This should also install gnuplot (version 4.2) as a dependency.

(Note: if despite refreshing the installation source you are unable to
install LON-CAPA prerequisites 1-10 in step 4, it may necessary to delete
the LON-CAPA installation source: e.g., for SuSE 10.2: LON-CAPA (SUSE LINUX
10.2) and then re-add it using:

zypper service-list (to get the number)
zypper service-delete <URI|alias|number>
zypper service-add  <URI> [alias]

(see http://install.loncapa.org/suse10.2_install.html for the URI of the
LON-CAPA installation source for SuSE 10.2)

As described in the release notes for loncapa-2.5.99.1, it also possible to
use yast interactively to complete steps 1 - 4:

A. Start yast

yast

B. Then using the various screens for
Software -> Installation Source

and

Software-> Software Management

to complete the tasks descibed in steps 1 - 4.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group