[LON-CAPA-admin] Odd User Management

H. K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Thu Aug 30 13:08:31 EDT 2007

At 09:37 AM 8/30/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Aug 30, 2007, at 8:58 AM, Stefan Bisitz wrote:
>

>>>7) How is it finally possible to grant "Co-Author" privileges to a
>>>user on another domain?
>>
>>Uh, "in this domain" does NOT mean my home server's domain but the
>>domain which is selected in the drop down box below! With the
>>select "in
>>this domain" and "nds" I can find the user and grant the privileges.
>
>Yes, that wording also confused me initially. I'll change it.

One comment, for most users, the word "domain" means the "fsu" domain
or the "xyz" domain, .., with no reference to loncapa whereas when
used in the search, it refers to the loncapa users in the xyz domain.
So it seems to me that using the word domain will cause confusion
regardless how specific - like changing to "the selected domain".
What about changing it to "current loncapa users".

-hk