[LON-CAPA-admin] All resources are hidden

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Aug 29 13:34:23 EDT 2007

Hi Hon-Kie,

> Apparently, the teacher had set the resources hidden in two places.

These are actually the same parm, just two different ways of seeing it
set. Some people like one way. Others like the other way.

> 1. PARM -> Table Mode ->
>          select: Map/Folder Level, Main Course Documents, Resource
>          Hidden from students
>
> Update Parameter Display.
>
> (I am not aware of the Main Course Documents selection with the
> Map/Folder level. So this is equivalent to setting at course level
> when the first drop down is Map/Folder Level??)

Not really.

What is occuring here is that there is the starting .sequence/folder
that contains all other items in the course that contains all of the
items you see when you enter the DOCS screen. (which is an uploaded
sequence known as default.sequence)

(For you old timers it's the 'Top Level Sequence' that used to be
required when building a course.)

In this case the user had set hidden on the 'For enclosing Map' column
for this default.sequence map.

Maybe that makes more sense?

guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137