[LON-CAPA-admin] Anyone use LDAP?

Peter Riegler p.riegler at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Tue Aug 28 15:53:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

H. K. Ng wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> There is a copy on cvs under modules/fsu - localauth.pm.

Just want to comment that we are using ldap authentification since a
couple of months using the above stub with minor adaptation.
It is fairly
> easy to get going, the difficult part is getting the central admin
> permission for access to the database.
Maybe the buzzwords single login, one password help to convince them.
Students always have difficulties to remember more than one password
when it comes to accounts at school.

Peter