[LON-CAPA-admin] Installation question

Lars Jensen jensen432 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 02:37:27 EDT 2007

We're setting up a new server, and I'm thinking about switching from
Fedora Core to SUSE. I this regard, I have he following questions:

(1) Is it easy to switch? -In other words, can I just copy the
/home/html directory from FC3 and use it on a new SUSE installation?
(2) Is there a primary/better supported distribution to install on, or
are SUSE and FC equally well supported?
(3) Are there any advantages of using SUSE over FC, or vice versa?
(For example, are they equally easy to upgrade/update?)
(4) Do I need SLES, or can  do with OpenSUSE - I prefer the latter.
Which version should I install?

Thanks,
Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, Truckee Meadows Comunity College, Reno, Nevada.