[LON-CAPA-admin] up2date and maxima dependancy error

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Fri Aug 10 13:20:43 EDT 2007

Hi ,

> Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> maxima-runtime-sbcl-5.11.0-8.rhel4.lc    requires maxima = 5.11.0
> What is the best way to resolve this?  I'm not sure how best to manage
> this type of installation with the non-Redhat channel.

Uninstalling maxima and then reinstalling it is likely the easiest way
to resolve this.

rpm -e --nodeps maxima-runtime-sbcl maxima

then

up2date -i maxima

(We tried out the sbcl runtine on rhel 4, but then decided to go with
the gcl one instead, looks like the upgrade to the 5.12.0 version of
maxima isn't realizing that it needs to kick out the old runtime and
grab the new one. Sorry about that.)

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-0-9-27,137