[LON-CAPA-admin] Support for Redhat Enterprise 5?

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Apr 24 09:35:16 EDT 2007

Donald,

Current progress (as of 4/24) towards installation support for LON-CAPA on
RHEL5 is as follows:

1. rpms have been created for 64 bit architecture.
2. Changes required in 3 scripts (CHECKRPMS, distprobe, and
modify_config_files.pl) have been made and committed to CVS.
3. An installer tar file and yum.conf file have been created at
http://install.loncapa.org/versions/redhat/5Server/
4. LON-CAPA is running on RHEL5 on a 64 bit testing server at MSU.

Remaining tasks include:
1. Build of rpms for 32 bit architecture.
2. Testing of operation of RHN update process with LON-CAPA yum repository.
3. Decision/creation of 2.3.4 LON-CAPA release to incorporate script changes
(2 above).
4. Documentation of install process and addition of link on install web
site.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group