RES: RES: ENC: [LON-CAPA-admin] FC5 httpd restart failed

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Sep 21 09:29:35 EDT 2006

Hi Rodrigo,

> I still didn't manage to do him lon-capa, to work in Fedora 5
>
> I don't manage to do with that loncontrol and the httpd to work
>
> in the loncontrol he appears:
>
> lonsql running
> lonc failed
> lonc new new failed
> lonhttpd running
> lonmemcached failed

The will be error messages in

/home/httpd/perl/logs/lond_errors
and
/home/httpd/perl/logs/lonc_errors

Can you report what they are?

> Iniciando httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 998 of
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 21 of
> /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa_apache.conf: Cannot load
> /etc/httpd/modules/libperl.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/libperl.so:

You apparently don't have mod_perl installed.

I suspect this is because you don't have the LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm
installed.

Not having the LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm installed would also cause
loncontrol to fail.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-6-27,137