[LON-CAPA-admin] New LON-CAPA user accounts, LDAP user self-registration?

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Tue Sep 12 08:25:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have some questions concerning new LON-CAPA users accounts.

1) without LDAP
How do you manage to create hundreds of new user accounts? I can´t
believe that you - as domain coordinator - create each single user
account by hand. Is there any other way?

2) using LDAP
I know that there are a few universities which use this zentralized way
for authentication.
How do you handle new LON-CAPA users? Does there exist an
self-registration within LON-CAPA?
Idea:
- new user is registered on the LDAP server
- New user logs in LON-CAPA
- LON-CAPA connects the LDAP server
- LDAP server confirms the user existance and correct password
(???)- LON-CAPA creates a new LON-CAPA user account in case of first login

I would be happy to get help, thank you!

Stefan Bisitz