[LON-CAPA-admin] Dual core/dual processor

Stuart Peter Raeburn raeburn at msu.edu
Tue Oct 3 14:16:08 EDT 2006

Steve,

If you want to install LON-CAPA today, you should downgrade to SuSE 9.3 and
install the latest LON-CAPA (2.2.1) on that.  If you are willing to wait
until Friday, it is anticipated that LON-CAPA 2.2.2 will be available then,
which will install on SuSE 10.1 and SLES10.

The main difference is that LON-CAPA on SuSE 9.3 uses Apache 1.3.X, whereas
LON-CAPA on SUSE 10.1 and SLES 10 will use Apache 2.X.

Installating instructions for currently supported distributions are
available at http://install.loncapa.org/.  That page will be updated at the
end of this week with links to instructions for SLES10 and SuSE 10.1, when
those distributions become officially supported for LON-CAPA.

Stuart Raeburn
MSU LON-CAPA group