[LON-CAPA-admin] Server Suggestions

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Mon Mar 27 15:08:49 EST 2006

Guy,

Thanks for the scoop! I've been sort of ignoring/avoiding/forgetting about
the raid slowness. If I remember right, RAID 1, which is what Hon-Kie is
using, is faster than RAID 5. Is that correct?

Are there any significant disk speed improvements for the 6850 over the
2850, or are you basically paying extra for lots of redundancy?

Mark