[LON-CAPA-admin] Kerberos?

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Mon Jun 5 19:20:50 EDT 2006

Todd,

It really should be as easy as getting krb5.conf set up on your library
server. The other servers do not need the setup as your library server is
the only one doing the authentication.

I use kinit to make sure the system is configured okay as far as the
server is concerned. (kinit simply 'grabs a ticket' if it authenticates
okay.) If kinit works, then LON-CAPA should be able to authenticate.

I don't think there are any mechanisms for changing logins once they are
set. If you are really certain this is something you want to do, it
probably wouldn't be too hard to write a script to do this, but you'd need
to be pretty careful.

Later,
Mark