[LON-CAPA-admin] upgrade inquires

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Jan 3 13:15:16 EST 2006

Hi Jason,

> I maintain a small server at a public high school currently running FC3 and
> version 2.0.2-20051004 of loncapa.  I'm wondering if I should be considering
> upgrading to FC4.

It's always a good idea to update the operating system.

> I'm already planning on upgrading our version of lancapa
> when stable builds are released (i.e. now), but I'm not to sure about
> upgrading FC.  Can I upgrade FC with the loncapa installation in place or
> does this lead to problems?

You can do an upgrade but, you'll need to do some futzing after the
install to get back to Apache 1 and mod_perl 1

We gernerally suggest the process of doing a reinstall:

http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2004-November/000771.html

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137