[LON-CAPA-admin] T'is the season ... for LON-CAPA statistics

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Sat Feb 4 11:12:55 EST 2006

Hi,

Reporting time is ante portas, and besides, I am curious. I re-did
the page of institutions with LON-CAPA domains in the main production
cluster,

  http://www.lon-capa.org/institutions.html

and introduced alphabetic sorting (what a concept!). Anyway, I did
that by hand using cut-and-paste, so I accidently might have dropped
somebody ... please don't be offended, clerical error, just drop me a
line.

What I need is the average number of student course enrollments at a
time in your institutions using LON-CAPA. "Student course enrollment"
means that if the same student is in two courses, he or she is
counted twice. See http://www.lon-capa.org/usage.html for the MSU
stats - we have 11478 unique users, but 16194 student course
enrollments.

*** Please send me that number - just a good solid estimate. Also, if
LON-CAPA has a "homepage" at your institutions besides the login
page, sending me the URL would be great. ***

BTW, given our current growth rate, we are re-thinking the way that
domain designs and logos are handled, the current way is not scalable
enough.

And don't forget to register for our conference,

  http://loncapa.msu.edu/events/conf2006/

- Gerd.