[LON-CAPA-admin] [Fwd: loncapa problems]

Jim Maxka jim.maxka at nau.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:03:40 EDT 2005

Hi Stuart -- This is Very helpful.
I was wondering if there is some protocol that ya'll have for dealing
with student problems like that.
Do you say, "Here is the faq page see if that helps"?
Do you say, "Here is the faq page, RTFM!"?
I have 950 students this semester and sometimes I get scared how I would
handle it if there were to be a stampede.
http://loncapa.msu.edu/student/faq.html
<http://loncapa.msu.edu/student/faq.html>

> I am not exactly sure what you mean when you say that you could not
> see any activity for this student as CC but could as DC.  Does this
> mean when you used:
> adm/trackstudent?selected_student=snb35:nau
> with a CC role you did not retrieve any data, but from the command
> line you could find useful information in the user's activity.log file
> (in /home/httpd/lonUsers/nau/s/n/b/snb35/activity.log?)

I went to enroll button, view class list and clicked on the student, ->
view recent activity of this student.
I was the course coordinator but not the course owner.
I will try some of the things you suggested. -- jim