[LON-CAPA-admin] Spreadsheet Woes and questions

Gerd Kortemeyer korte at lite.msu.edu
Tue Nov 1 15:48:34 EST 2005

Hi Todd,

On Nov 1, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Todd Ruskell wrote:

> So three questions: (1) Do other people see these issues with the
> spreadsheet/is
> this a known bug?

Yes. We tried to email you several times over the weekend, but
somehow the address we had for you must have been wrong, or some spam
filter swallowed it. The non-released faster version of
Spreadsheet.pm had a bug.

>   (2) Is there a work-around?

Yep. Check out

http://www.lite.msu.edu/kortemeyer/Spreadsheet.pm

which needs to be downloaded and copied to

/home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/

overwriting the existing file, and then do a

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

This needs to go on all servers.

> and (3) Did I do the "right
> thing" to get back to a pure 2.0.2 distribution, or did I need to
> do something
> else?

That would work. But the better idea is to use the fixed version of
the non-released version.

Just for everybody: this is a bug only in a non-officially-released
version of Spreadsheet.

- Gerd.