[LON-CAPA-admin] lon-capa on laptop

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Thu Mar 17 13:55:53 EST 2005

Hi,

Is there anything different in the install process when installing
lon-capa to a stand-alone laptop, as compared to a regular
installation. (I'm planning to use the lon-capa laptop for the purpose of
writing some problems.)

The laptop is not in name service - is that a problem?

I only have install disk 1 of FC3 - will this allow me to install
x-windows?

If not, I assume I can use yum to install x-windows. Does anyone know
what Fedora package(s) are needed to install x-windows?

Thanks,
Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/