[LON-CAPA-admin] Premilinary 2.0 released (1.99.0)

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Fri Jun 24 17:28:46 EDT 2005

New Testing Version 1.99.0 Released

It looks pretty good so far. We will be installing this at MSU next
week. So anyone else who can install it and give a poke I would love
to hear how it goes.

Notable Changes:
- things should be faster
- lots of documentation updates
- /etc/init.d/loncontrol reload (tells lonc & lond to reread hosts.tab)
- internal caching updates faster
- bridge tasks
- What's New page for Course Coordinators
- SPRS is faster
- Cut Copy and Paste items in DOCS
- score upload allows more formats and upload by ID
- IMS import of WebCT 4
- New Role 'Assitant Author' for authors that shouldn't have access to
    anything outside of CSTR
- PARM screens has been reorganized and made easier to use
- DOCS has ability to recover from accidental resource removal
- ability to automate course creation
- format a number to n significant figures
- scantron support of number and letter formats
- <m> tag output configurable
-

Student Interface Change:
- 'Submit Answer' only submits a single part (used to submit everything)

To install this update:

1) You will need to be running Fedora Core 2 or 3 to work
   (Fedora Core 4 will be supported very soon, next week most likely)

2) Use yum to update your machine and then install the
      LONCAPA-prerequisites

yum update
yum install LONCAPA-prerequisites

3) Download the new LON-CAPA tarball from
wget http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/loncapa-1.99.0.tar.gz

and untar it

tar xzvf loncapa-1.99.0.tar.gz

4) Run the UPDATE script as root
cd loncapa-1.99.0
su
./UPDATE

5) restart the system services
/etc/rc.d/init.d/loncontrol stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/loncontrol start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

----NOTES
1) Many questions are answered at http://help.lon-capa.org
2) Defects reports, and enhancements requests can be entered at
   http://bugs.lon-capa.org

guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-5-15,728