[LON-CAPA-admin] Moving files between co-authorship account

Ray Batchelor batchelo at sfu.ca
Sun Jun 19 22:51:53 EDT 2005

Hi Gerd,
Yes.  I am talking about unpublished materials in the priv space.
For people who are still converting old capa resources or uploading zipped
folders etc to be used in building new loncapa resources, this becomes an
issue,because the loncapa apache interface does not allow an author access to
all types of filenames and extensions.  For example a file with the .tex
extension is not accessible, as are files named with a .numeral just before
the extension (which conflct with the versioning scheme).  Also moving entire
directories or trees is problematic without ssh access.  There is currently
no feature to zip and download folders from loncapa.  Only the reverse.
What will be the best way to deal with this?    Unless there is another
option, I will lobbying for ssh asscess for authors. Especially accounts that
have several co-authors.

Cheers,
Ray