[LON-CAPA-admin] Red Hat Enterprise Academic

Lynn Thorp Lynn.Thorp at ndsu.edu
Tue Jul 19 12:28:06 EDT 2005

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 14:37:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: lucasm at ohiou.edu
To: lon-capa-admin at mail.lon-capa.org
Subject: Re: [LON-CAPA-admin] Fedora v. Enterprise Linux (good price on
  enterprise)
Hmm,
I'm not sure if I'm using these correctly or not.  The ones I got aren't
exactly for production machines (non LON-CAPA)but LON-CAPA is probably
"production".  We got a couple licenses for short term use (a couple of
months) for some student projects that needed RH Enterprise, not fedora
and I've been looking into transferring the licenses to a couple of
servers that have development work on them but not really "production"
work.  I guess I need to look into that a bit closer.

Thanks for the info.  I may have read or understood the information
incorrectly but my case kind of falls into a gray area.  May have to
talk to Red Hat.

Lynn Thorp

Lynn,

You might want to be careful about the fine print. These prices are for
students or faculty for the own personal systems. In other places they
differentiate between non-production campus subscriptions and production
subscriptions. I don't know if we can get away with the $50 variety for
our servers or not.

Later,
Mark
Lynn Thorp                           e-mail : Lynn.Thorp at ndsu.edu
Systems Administrator                Phone  : (701) 231-7786
Dept. of Computer Science            Office : IACC 258A19, NDSU
   and Operations Research            Fax    : (701) 231-8255
North Dakota State University        http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu