[LON-CAPA-admin] manipulating .sequence subparts

Peter Kovac kovac at gwu.edu
Thu Jul 14 13:17:13 EDT 2005

Greetings~

	We have a student creating and cleaning up some problems.  Since she's
an undergrad, I'd prefer to not give her administrative powers in a
running course (i.e., with grades) but I *would* like her to build the
design of some courses for professors to administer.  Some of the people
running these courses are going to need some hand-holding so the most
work done for them beforehand, the better.

	My thought was to have her create .sequences and then either a) create
a new course based on a .sequence or b) create a blank course and load a
sequence.  I dumped the course DOCS from a previously run course and
tried both.  Unfortunately, only the top-level sequence was editable
from the DOCS screen so it appears that I could not assign due dates to
the sub-folders/problems.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a way to
create a completely manipulatable course from a .sequence file?

	My other thought is to create a "[BASE] Astronomy 1" course and let the
undergrad build the course there and then clone it.  Is there a better
solution or something I'm missing?

	-P