[LON-CAPA-admin] Upcoming 2.0 release and recomendations

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Jul 12 16:58:10 EDT 2005

Hi All,

2.0 is still on target for release on Aug. 15th, the MSU servers are
running 1.99.1, and things are going well.

We also have install instructions completed for doing an install of
Lon-CAPA 2.0 on top of Fedora Core 4.

We will have a document that will describe the suggested route of
upgrading a Fedora Core 2 or Fedora Core 3 machine to Fedora Core 4
and Lon-CAPA 2.0

We currently don't plan on supporting Fedora Core 4 running a 1.3.X of
Lon-CAPA

Let me know if anyone will need this.

Additionally, we are preparing an easy install path like the current
Fedora Core 3 and 4 install for SuSE 9.2 (and 9.3) and Lon-CAPA 2.0

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-5-15,728