[LON-CAPA-admin] new install config help

Robert Lance Mock robmock at msu.edu
Tue Jan 25 17:00:48 EST 2005

I accidentally sent original message from wrong email address so if you get
a message similar to this one later, I apologize.

Just did a fresh install of FC3 and loncapa 1.3.1 on new machine.

Went through entire install successfully while plugged into my school's
network.  Used an i.p. address I made up.

Successfully able to surf to it from other network machines.

NOT able to log in at the welcome screen; it goes to a "page not found"
error.  Also not able to surf to it from my house (off school's network).

I'd like to avoid contacting my school's network guy, since when I told him
about this project, he just said "go do it".  My impression was that I'm on
my own.

Where did I likely make my error(s)?

Lastly, what's the best way to search the archives?  Dowload and do text
searches?

thanks,  rob