[LON-CAPA-admin] Typo: FC3 install

Matthew Brian Hall hallmat3 at msu.edu
Wed Jan 5 17:13:58 EST 2005

Hi Lars,

> I can assure you that there is no 'minimal install' option available on
> FC3 ....

There is, but I should have refered to it as "minimal" not "minimal
install".
It is on the "Package Group Selection" screen of anaconda.  There is an
image of this page available, see
http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/anaconda-installer/images/screenshot-0002.
png  The "Minimal" option is at the bottom of the list of package groups
under the heading "Miscellaneous".

> Another problem is that when I run install.pl, I ger an error that
> gcc cannot be found... What do I do about this?

Install gcc and its dependencies by executing:

yum install gcc

Please let me know if you run into more trouble.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3 at msu.edu
LON-CAPA developer
Michigan State University