[LON-CAPA-admin] Typo: FC3 install

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Wed Jan 5 16:45:01 EST 2005

Hi Matthew,

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Matthew Brian Hall wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> > What is 'minimal install'? -I didn't see that option. My assumption was
> > that once I chose the "Server" install the checked off package groups
> > (those I listed) *is* the 'minimal server install'.
> > Is that wrong?
>
> Yes, that is incorrect.  On the "Package Group Selection" page where you saw
> the  items you listed, as well as "Everything", there is also "Minimal
> Install" option (I don't have a machine I can test on right now, but it's
> there, I assure you :) ).  Selecting it unselects all the other packages and
> just leaves you with a very basic installation.  It makes the installation
> quite fast, at least if you have a fast connection to pull down all 80+
> LON-CAPA dependencies, and avoids installing things like apache2 (aka the
> httpd package), which have to be removed.  Also, you only need the first ISO
> image for the installation.

I can assure you that there is no 'minimal install' option available on
FC3 ....

Another problem is that when I run install.pl, I ger an error that gcc cannot
be found... What do I do about this?

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/