[LON-CAPA-admin] sets opening early [duplicated course+answerdate]

Peter Kovac kovac at gwu.edu
Tue Feb 1 11:16:48 EST 2005

    Another strange problem for you guys.

    We're running L-C 1.3.1 (1.3.1-20050104).  We are running a course
that was duplicated from a course we ran last semeter -- the duplication
was done when we were running an earlier L-C (I think 1.3.0 but may have
been 1.2.0.).

    One of our least-experienced L-C users (who adores CAPA) is the
instructor and has set open dates, close dates, answer dates, weights,
and sig figs for all his problem sets.  A week or two ago we had a
problem where three or four of the "warm-ups," problem sets with a
30-min time limit, claimed "answers available."  One of them was
supposed to be open and the others were supposed to open in succession,
3 days apart.  I found a course-wide open date set for the day the
course started and removed it, dumped the folders and rebuilt the sets
and everything was/is fine.

    This morning, a TA discovered that a problem set that's supposed to
open Feb 3 at midnight is now open (not answers available, just open).

     The only other funky paramater I can see is that he set the close
date and answer date to be *exactly* the same time (to the second).
Might this cause the problem?  Any other ideas?  More funkiness with the
duplication issue I meantioned last time?  (time limit for problems in a
duplicated course went to 3 days and something from 30 mins, couldn't be
set down to 30 mins directly -- needed to be put to 1 day+ then to 30 mins)

    Should I just dump the entire course to DOCS and then re-import it?

    -P

--
"Wait!  I'm getting one of those things.  You know, a headache with pictures." --Fry