[LON-CAPA-admin] 2.1 heads up

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Dec 6 13:52:17 EST 2005

Hi All,

2.1 is making it's way through the vetting process.

Hopefully the first testing release of it will be out in a day or two.

We are targetting a final 2.1.0 that we will be installing MSU cluster
wide for release on Dec.20th.

We will be dropping active support for Fedora Core 2 and SuSE 9.2 with
this release. We aren't knowingly breaking these distributions, but if
we need to add some dependencies we will not be updating their rpm
pools.

We will be supporting:
Fedora Core 3, 4
RHEL 4
SuSE 9.3
SuSE Enerprise (SLES) 9

It is likey that support for
SuSE 10.0 and Fedora Core 5
will also appear.

Looking further into the future next summer release will likely
feature:
- apache 2 support
- Single Signon style authentication
- ability to configure a frontend load balancer (without using
  round-robin DNS)

We will be test running these at MSU this upcoming term.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-9-27,137