[LON-CAPA-admin] Students having problems accessing

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Mon Aug 29 09:24:00 EDT 2005

Hi,

Tom Stork is giving an online quiz at the local high school. Students can
log in fine, but can't view questions. It is complaining that they cannot
access from that location.

I've double checked parms and don't see anything strange (general course
setting, then specific open/due for section 3).

The lonnet.log file has a bevy of these errors interspersed:

WARNING: Critical message to unknown server ()

Status on these problems is set to no.

Questions:
(1) We're running 2.0.0 - is this a known issue? (I presume not)

(2) Any idea what the message means?

(3) Are there any checks on IP address that could be screwed up by a
strange reverse lookup? Their sysadmin re-did all the PC labs and there
may be some funky stuff there.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701