[LON-CAPA-admin] help with permissions

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Aug 24 14:38:27 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

> can anyone help out with what permissions for publishing should be,
> or point me to a document that shows the permissions/ownerships
> information.

Lon-CAPA when installing tries to correct the permissions on most of
the files underneath /home/httpd

I think only /home/httpd/html/* is not autocorrected. But all of those
should be owned by www:www and be mode 644

The files under the CSTR spaces

/home/*/public_html/*

Should be for all users who are _NOT_ File System Authenticated the
save, owned by www:www and mode 644

For users who are Filesystem authenticated

The should be owned by the user and belong to a group with the same
name as the user. ANd the permissions should be 664, and the
directories should be 775 and have the group sticky bit set (chmod g+s
<dirname>)

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-1-27,137