[LON-CAPA-admin] no SPRS, CHRT, or STAT?

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Tue Oct 26 16:34:26 EDT 2004

Quoting Guy Albertelli II <guy at albertelli.com>:

> > under-utilized.  Has this cross-domain load sharing been
> > implemented?
>
> Aye.
>
> > If so, how might we activate it for times like this?
>
> /home/httpd/lonTabs/spare.tab

OK, msua1 is listed there.  So then the questions of implementation:

Does this mean that some of our students, when going to loncapa.mines.edu to log
in, might actually get re-directed to msua1 if the loads are high enough?

Is this load-sharing as seamless as the multi access-server setup in a single
domain?  Will the url address bar then show an msu machine?

Does it work at all if you are trying to log into a library server rather than
an access server, which is the case here at CSM?

At what load value does it kick in?  The same one that was set upon install, and
that is stored in /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf?

Thanks for all your help and understanding.  These lists are busy today!

Todd

--
Dr. Todd G. Ruskell                         Phone: 303-384-2080
Lecturer, Department of Physics             FAX:   303-273-3919