[LON-CAPA-admin] no SPRS, CHRT, or STAT?

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Tue Oct 26 14:57:27 EDT 2004

Thanks Guy,

As I was writing the message, I slowly began to wonder about that setting.

As a followup, based on your experiences, at what consistent load averages
should I start to think about adding the two library servers?

Todd

Quoting Guy Albertelli II <guy at albertelli.com>:

> Hi Todd,
>
> > hard with in-class exercises today, and as a result all four virtual CPUS
> are
> > getting hit pretty hard with lots of httpd processes, and the load average
> is
> > hovering around 3-4.  Could that be the problem?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If so, (how) can I get around it?
>
> When you setup the machine you picked a load value that the machine
> uses to consider itself 'Overloaded'
>
> The default is 2
>
> You can change it by modifying /etc/httpd/conf/loncapa.conf
>
> You will need to reload the webserver at least.
>
> And it would be a good idea to restart loncontrol when you have a
> chance to.
>
> --
> guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-

Dr. Todd G. Ruskell                         Phone: 303-384-2080
Lecturer, Department of Physics             FAX:   303-273-3919
Colorado School of Mines
Golden, CO 80004