[LON-CAPA-admin] no SPRS, CHRT, or STAT?

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Tue Oct 26 13:39:23 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've been having problems today getting spreadsheet, chart, and stat to work
properly.  *Almost* every time I hit these buttons, I get the following page
409:
-----------------
Conflict
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to
complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, korte at lite.msu.edu and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at loncapa.Mines.EDU Port 80

----------------------
I think I've checked the usual suspect logs: lonhttpd.log, lonhttpd_errors,
lonc.log, lonc_errors, /var/log/mysqld.log, and /var/log/messages, and haven't
seen any indicators.  This was working fine last evening, and neither I nor the
other sysadmin have made any changes/updates (I know, famous last words).

The only thing we can think of is that some classes are hitting lon-capa pretty
hard with in-class exercises today, and as a result all four virtual CPUS are
getting hit pretty hard with lots of httpd processes, and the load average is
hovering around 3-4.  Could that be the problem?  If so, (how) can I get around
it?

Thanks,

Todd

--
Dr. Todd G. Ruskell                         Phone: 303-384-2080
Lecturer, Department of Physics             FAX:   303-273-3919